Peabody’s Transitions programme supports young people in Westminster who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, to build positive independent futures and develop essential employment and life-skills.
This innovative project supports both individuals and groups through:
- Intensive one to one sessions with a Caseworker
- Flexible, tailored packages of support for each young person based on a detailed assessment of needs, co-ordinating referrals to all specialist services
- Pre-employability programmes to prepare young people for job applications and choosing a career
- Access to independent living skills workshops in order to gain key skills in financial management, budgeting, paying bills and managing a tenancy independently
- Personal budgets
- Access to Peabody tenancies
From July 2016 to March 2017 Transitions provided 1-2-1 support to 29 participants, of which 15 young people were supported into employment, training and other positive opportunities, and 4 young people were provided with a Peabody tenancy and are now living independently as Peabody tenants.
For more information on this programme, please contact email@example.com
Young People supported into EET
Young People supported to access Tenancies
Related case studies
Rio Ferdinand Foundation, Delaine, 17
Established as a registered charity in 2012, the Rio Ferdinand Foundation works collaboratively with young people and communities to deliver progression pathways aimed at ensuring young people are socially mobile and empowered to be independent, take control of their lives and achieve their full potential.
Peabody Young Leaders and Ambassadors
The Peabody Young Leaders and Ambassadors Programme supports young people to become leaders and representatives of their communities.