Peabody’s Transitions programme supports young people in Westminster who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, to build positive independent futures and develop essential employment and life-skills.
This innovative project supports both individuals and groups through:
- Intensive one to one sessions with a Caseworker
- Flexible, tailored packages of support for each young person based on a detailed assessment of needs, co-ordinating referrals to all specialist services
- Pre-employability programmes to prepare young people for job applications and choosing a career
- Access to independent living skills workshops in order to gain key skills in financial management, budgeting, paying bills and managing a tenancy independently
- Personal budgets
- Access to Peabody tenancies
From July 2016 to March 2017 Transitions provided 1-2-1 support to 29 participants, of which 15 young people were supported into employment, training and other positive opportunities, and 4 young people were provided with a Peabody tenancy and are now living independently as Peabody tenants.
For more information on this programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Young People supported into EET
Young People supported to access Tenancies