Peabody Young Leaders and Ambassadors
The Peabody Young Leaders and Ambassadors Programme supports young people to become leaders and representatives of their communities.
Since 2015, Peabody has been helping young people identify projects, campaigns and events that they think will benefit them, their peers or their community. We help make these activities a reality with financial support, professional partnerships and access to community venues.
Young people are also supported to take the lead on and promote positive change for themselves and their peers in a variety of settings. This could include:
- Becoming a member of the school council
- Sitting on local housing management committees
- Establishing local youth forums to feed into local or organisational policy
- Sitting on a Local Authority’s Youth Parliament
- Developing youth agendas to feed into and add value to local or organisational policies
This year alone, Peabody supported 166 individual young leaders to develop 44 projects, benefitting a total of 1392 people.
Related case studies
Rio Ferdinand Foundation, Delaine, 17
Established as a registered charity in 2012, the Rio Ferdinand Foundation works collaboratively with young people and communities to deliver progression pathways aimed at ensuring young people are socially mobile and empowered to be independent, take control of their lives and achieve their full potential.